Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:26:53 -0000
From:      "Wood, Bradley" <Bradley.Wood@pearson.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Transparent Proxy going astray

Have you looked at "WCCP"? Not sure if there are BSD implementations of
this, but in linux there are. Its basically a protocol that runs on both the
proxy and f/w server such that any http traffic is transparently forwarding
to the proxy server for caching/whatever before it goes through the
gateway... It used to be a cisco proprietary protocol, but I believe it may
have been RFCd

brad

This email may contain confidential material.  If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies.