Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 95 12:54:42 +1000
From:      Ian Wynne <ianw@ee.su.oz.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org

Hello Everyone:

I haven't posted this to any of the news groups because I thought it would
only serve as flame bait.

In my day job I'm a network administrator for a small network using
a Windos NT server. When the server is heavely loaded, it crashes. Sometimes
after it's crashed one of the user permissions has been corrupted ( and perhaps
other things have also been corrupted ), I then have to spend a considerable
amount of time fixing up the damage.

When Windows NT 3.5 is powering up it says it's build number 807, so there
have bee 806 previous attempts and it's still unstable.

I use FreeBSD at home and I haven't been able to make it crash by loading it up.I can untar something from tape, gunzip something and compile something else
all the same time, it slows but doesn't stop.

I've found FreeBSD to be very stable.

My thanks to all the core team.

Best regards,

Ian Wynne	ianw@ee.su.oz.au