Date:      Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:00:20 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>,  "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux-realplayer missing from ports

Frank Shute wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 03:16:09PM -1000, Al Plant wrote:
>> Aloha,
>>
>> I am trying to get Linux-RealPlayer to install from updated ports
>> collection on a FreeBSD 9 desktop box. (Xorg and www etc all installed
>> fine on this test box.)
>>
>> Error says it cannot be found in our ports collection. Is there a way to
>> locate the maintainer? This port is missing some components. Or can it
>> be down loaded into distfiles? If so from where?
>>
>> Or has this been replaced by something else to play audio in ports. I
>> would be glad to try any port for playing audio from web or files that
>> is known to work.
>>
>> Thanks....
>>

> /usr/ports/multimedia/linux-realplayer
>
> on my box.
>
> I guess you're using portupgrade; sometimes it can't find ports
> without using wildcards.
>
> Regards,

###########
Yes Frank,

That's what should work. But it doesnt. There is a false old version in
the port on the server. This is apparently a known issue as there are
two (2) PR's with this issue reported in the last few days.

If someone on our list knows the maintainer I think it could be
corrected easily. It may be an upgrade that failed to take as the two
versions are 2004 and 2007 is what I think should be there now.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc@hdk5.net >