Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 02:32:27 -0800
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: results of ports re-engineering survey

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 06:04:02 Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 04:38:39AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
> > I have used FreeBSD since '95 and except for jerks like you
> > have really enjoyed it.
>
> Are you quite sure it would be there to enjoy if not for jerks
> like us? :)
Probably not but your past efforts do not entitle you, or anyone else to
arrogantly belittle others OR to accuse them of expecting others to " do the
heavy lifting" when, as in this case, Aryeh has already said he proposes to
do any major coding himself.

I suspect antagonistic responsesfrom some people are more about wounded pride
(i.e - astonishment why should anyone propose to improve on the procedures,
systems and engineering to which they contributed in the past!)

Sp please either make contributions that are intended to help the current
process rather than boring everyone with negativity

My two pennorth