Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:39:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        "Dan Nelson" <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/databases/mysql(-devel)?

> In the last episode (Sep 14), Steve Bertrand said:
>> I'm attempting to install freeradius from ports, but it heavily
>> relies upon mysql-devel being installed.
>>
>> In 4.7 it was actually in ports. Now, it does not appear to be
>> there.
>> There is however, an option in the makefile which is disabled
>> (--without-debug). If I enable this configure option, is this
>> effectively installing all the devel stuff for MySQL?
>
> There was never a mysql-devel port afaik; the mysql ports have always
> been numbered.  The freeradius port currently depends on mysql 4.0.x,
> which should get built and installed automatically by the ports system
> when you try and build freeradius.

Ok, I thought there was one. Yesterday, I was trying to install
FreeRADIUS on a box that already had MySQL installed on it (from
source, not ports) and it was having a problem locating
rlm_sql_mysql.so. Searching, I found I had to install mysql-devel.

This morning, I am installing on a fresh install (5.2.1), and actually
never crossed my mind to install freeradius port first, and let it
handle the mysql dependencies. I am trying that now...

Tks for the reminder, that ports will build in their own dependencies ;o)

Steve