Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 23:17:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Zeus Daemon <zeus@cookiem.inch.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does anyone have virtual domains working with stock FTPD

> The stock ftpd doesn't support virutal domains.  Stick with wu-ftpd.

I'm confused, the man pages says it does:

[...]
If the system has multiple IP addresses, ftpd supports the idea of virtu-
al hosts, which provides the ability to define multiple anonymous ftp ar-
eas, each one allocated to a different internet address.  The file
/etc/ftphosts contains information pertaining to each of the virtual
hosts.  Each host is defined on its own line which contains a number of
fields separated by whitespace:
[...]

There are problems with the code though, as besides Zeus' problems, you'll
find ftpd has problems on a multi-homed host if virt support is not
commented out of the makefile...  Who is a good person to contact about
the state of ftpd?

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB