Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:35:51 -0500
From:      steve.d.meacham@mail.sprint.com
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ie ethernet device driver

--openmail-part-48f27eed-00000001

I have two machines which still use the ie ethernet driver.  It seems
to have been removed from -STABLE for a while now, but I'm not sure why.

Can someone explain why it has been removed, or perhaps if it got
broken, if it is feasible to put it back into -STABLE?  I am running
-STABLE on those machines, but I have to manually modify a few files is
/src/sys to both fix the driver and to recognize the device at all.

These machines and cards are old, granted.  But there is a certain
pride that I can take in keeping a 486DX/100 and a 386SX/16 as two of
the most stable machines in a production environment.

Thanks,
Steven

--openmail-part-48f27eed-00000001--