Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 1997 21:58:13 -0600
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: 2.1.5->2.1.7 causes SCSI errors?

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

> You guys just need to update your firmware (at least this is
> a definite in Nathan's case).  The modern driver takes more advantage
> these drives, and firmware bugs in the earlier revisions of them
> cause problems for this code.
>
> ftp.qntm.com

ftp.quantum.com? By that I am guessing you mean the firmware on the HD's
and not on the 2940?

I'm under the impression the aic7870 version 2940 is fairly old. I have
two. And its trying to give me troubles. Upgraded the 2940 firmware on one
to 1.16 but my current problem (not as severe as the others are reporting)
is running 1.1. Was under the impression once FreeBSD boots its independent
of the firmware on the card. Is that the case with the 2940?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net