Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 14:21:58 -0700
From:      Andrew Storms <astorms@ncircle.com>
To:        <valerio.daelli@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ossec-hids-client-1.2

Reporting some problems.

Based on how things got installed the start script at
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ossec-hids   Points to the wrong 'command' and
'required_files'.

command="/usr/local/bin/ossec-control"
Whereas 'ossec-control' got installed at '/usr/local/ossec-hids/bin'

And
required_files="/usr/local/etc/ossec.conf"
The ossec.conf file was actually installed at '/usr/local/ossec-hids/etc'.

I also noticed that even though one chooses to install ossec-hids-client-1.2
and not the server, what's actually installed is the server.  Though the
ossec.conf file appears to be for a client, if one runs the 'manage-agents'
binary you receive the options as if this was a server installation.  I
honestly haven't dug into why this one is happening.  My guess would be
something got missed in the Make options.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see a port for OSSEC.

Thanks.

--S