Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:03:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        "WholesaleHosting.com" <admin@wholesalehosting.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP <FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Virtual Hosting

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, WholesaleHosting.com wrote:

> Virtual Hosting on a remote machine holding multiple IP's
>
> Ok, I want to do this properly...  Heres what I want to do on my
> 2.2.8/apache/bind8 box, which is runing as a name server.
>
> · Add a user
> · setup their domain name
> · dedicate an ip to them
> · setup their www directorys permissions
> · set up their mail things

This is standard stuff, just follow the docs for apache, sendmail, popper
and bind...

> · and set up an IRC server on the new domains port 6667

However, are you sure you want to do this? If you really want to do irc,
can't a single server make do for all? Most net servers seem to bind to
all ip-adresses on the machine.

BTW, please sign your message with your name, just "admin" seems a little
impolite.

Leif