Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:04:23 -0500
From:      "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
To:        "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@itlegion.ru>, "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Choosing Serial ATA RAID 5 controller for FBSD 4.9

Have you tried searching the archives? this was discussed several times.
3ware works fine. While you are not explaining what heavy load means,
you might want to go with SCSI RAID instead. You may not save as much
as you think with IDE in a long run and get a much better performance if
you have heavy I/O (heavy use of database).

-Simon