Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 1999 02:24:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@xnet.com>
To:        hosokawa@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   I tried changing the modem card to sio1 and trying different free interrupts, but it didn't work. (polled I/O did)

I tried:
1) Enabling sio3 in the kernel config (didn't work)
2) Changing the modem card to sio1 and using different interrupts (didn't
work)
3) Changing the modem card to use polled I/O (worked)

However, if I remember right, polled I/O takes a *serious* performance
hit over interrupt-driven I/O.

Is there anything equivalent to "cat /proc/interrupts" in Linux that will
tell you what interrupts are being used for what purposes?

How can I successfully find a non-conflicting interrupt?

Your assistance will be appreciated.
Thank you.