Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:12:23 +0300
From:      Niki Denev <nike_d@cytexbg.com>
To:        takawata@jp.freebsd.org
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi_video users needed

This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message.  If you see this text, it means that
your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.

--=_mimegpg-niked.office.suresupport.com-31057-1089958343-0004

takawata@jp.freebsd.org writes:

> In message <cone.1089955588.176391.648.1001@phobos.totalterror.net>, Niki Denev
>  wrote:

>>> same here, thinkpad t40p, current bios.
>>>
>>> randy
>>>

>>here too.
>>ThinkPad X31, latest BIOS. cvsupped yesterday.
>>
>>dmesg, acpidump, devinfo output at :
>>http://totalterror.net/freebsd/
>
> Just curious, Is acpi_video or device button worked for you on your
> ThinkPad X31?
> In my machine, device buttons or acpi_video requests or
> even shutdown, that eventually invokes SMI, will cause the machine
> hang up. Was it resolved with the latest BIOS?

When i bought it, any press of the Fn button, IBM Access, volume up/down
resulted in immediate lock.
The problem appeared to be the IDE2 device, as the PS2 (the DOS IBM ThinkPad
setup util) reported it. Then i made a boot floppy with it, booted with an
external USB floppy, and disabled IDE2,
after this everyting works ok: shutdown, keyboard light, volume control....

PS: the PS2 util can be found on the IBM website.
--
Niki