Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 12:30:23 -0400
From:      Stephen Derdau <sderdau@bit-net.com>
To:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        Ashort@concentric.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Installation can't connect to www.freebsd.org.

I had a similar problem not being able to connect to www.freebsd.org
and apache.org for example
Turned out it was tcp_extensions in my /etc/rc.conf file.
I had to say no to tcp_extensions.
My isp has a asscend or Annex system that has a bug in the software
regarding tcp_extensions.  It's a know problem not sure if I explained
it correctly.
Any way once tcp_extensions shutoff I can connect to any site.
Not sure what disabling the extensions is preventing me from ..
But I can now curise as I please...
Hope this helps