Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 07:32:51 +0200
From:      Jean-Christophe Cazenave <zenaf@noos.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   About patch files and porting

--------------C407CCCB86990241D792942B

Hello

I'm trying to work a port. I need to write a patchfile. I tried sevaral possibilities

diff (and and without option like -unR, especially -u) config.in.orig

config.in and placed it in teh files directory. Each time I do patch -p0 < patch-ah

(the name of the patch, it's OK). But as I try make patch. the system complains

about reversed patches previously applied. It's true, other previous patches have been

applied to the config.in file. What could I do ? In other terms, what is the good way

to write patch files for a port ?

T.I.A

JCC

 --
If the hardware is the heart of a computer
then the software is its soul (D.A RUSLING, The Linux Kernel)

--------------C407CCCB86990241D792942B

<pre>Hello</pre>

<pre>I'm trying to work a port.&nbsp;I need to write a patchfile.&nbsp;I tried sevaral possibilities</pre>

<pre>diff (and and without option like -unR, especially -u) config.in.orig</pre>

<pre>config.in and placed it in teh files directory.&nbsp;Each time I&nbsp;do patch -p0 &lt; patch-ah</pre>

<pre>(the name of the patch, it's OK). But as I&nbsp;try make patch.&nbsp;the system complains</pre>

<pre>about reversed patches previously applied.&nbsp;It's true, other previous patches have been</pre>

<pre>applied to the config.in file.&nbsp;What could I&nbsp;do ?&nbsp;In other terms, what is the good way</pre>

<pre>to write patch files for a port ?</pre>

<pre></pre>

<pre>T.I.A</pre>

<pre>JCC</pre>

<pre>&nbsp;--&nbsp;
If the hardware is the heart of a computer&nbsp;
then the software is its soul (D.A RUSLING, The Linux Kernel)
Jean-Christophe CAZENAVE
Email: zenaf@noos.fr</pre>
&nbsp;</html>