Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:51:36 -0600
From:      Kirk Davis <kirk@bohica.net>
To:        mingo lu <freebiebsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

I am running FreeBSD on a Toshiba Satelite Pro 4260DVD.  Im not sure about the
video but I'll bet the sound and DVD are the same hardware.  They both work
just fine.

I was able to get the modem to work using a port of the linux winmodem driver.
It is available in the FreeBSD ports collection at: /usr/ports/comms/ltmdm.

You might also try posting to the freebsd-mobile list for questions abount
laptops.

---- Kirk

Quoting mingo lu <freebiebsd@yahoo.com>:

> Hi:
>
> I need some information before I jump into the freebsd
> wagon...
>
> 1) Did anyone here successfully install frfeebsd on
> Toshiba tecra 8100?
> 2) Does the winmodem work, ie, dial up with the internal modem work?
> 3) Do the Toshiba sound (yamaha) and DVD work?
>

> TIA
>
> _mingo

Kirk Davis / VE6KIK
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada