Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:31:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Rene de Vries <rene@canyon.demon.nl>
To:        ken@kdm.org (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte), freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD3.3RC + UMAX astra 1220S + NCR810 => panic

Ken, Wilko, FreeBSD-scsi readers,

I plugged the NCR810 into my W95 system (that already has a NCR810 as controller for
the "root" disk). Used the same cable as I did with FreeBSD and W95 would not find my
scanner (nor did the NCR bios mention the scanner during startup). I tested the NCR
card by connecting my disk/cdrom to it and the system still booted (after I switched
the cards, I hate plug and play ;-). So my conclusion (and Wilko also got to the same
conclusion on the phone) is that the cable must be broken. I'm going to try to find
an other cable (hard because it is an 25SubD-50HD, non-standard ;-(.
Let's see what the new cable brings...

Rene

--
Rene de Vries                    http://www.tcja.nl/~rene; mailto:rene@tcja.nl