Date:      Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:57:05 +0100
From:      Arne Skjaerholt <arnsholt@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems installing the subversion port

Hello everyone,
for a while I've been using CVS for my version managment, but I recently
upgraded to 6.0-RELEASE, so I decided to dump CVS in favour of
Subversion as I've been hearing good things about it and CVS has been
rather annoying.

I found and followed this guide when installing
http://www.bsdguides.org/guides/freebsd/misc/subversion.php, but the
install stage fails with the following message:

===>   subversion-1.3.0.r2 depends on shared library: intl - found
-e -S LIBEXECDIR=/usr/local/libexec/apache2 -a -n dav
libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so
-e: not found
*** Error code 127

>From what I can gather, the error stems from line 359 of the makefile,
which goes as follows:
${APXS} -e -S LIBEXECDIR=${PREFIX}/libexec/apache2 -a -n dav
libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so

I've tried replacing this with `which apxs` -e -S LIBEXECDIR=
${PREFIX}/libexec/apache2 -a -n dav libexec/apache2/mod_dav.so, which
makes the Makefile return without an error, but it doesn't actually
work.

Does anyone see (or already know) how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Arne
:wq