Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:03:00 +1100
From:      Murray Taylor <mtaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
To:        "'Julian Elischer'" <julian@elischer.org>, Murray Taylor <mtaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Frame Relay in Australia with Telstra

Thanks for the reply Julian ... and I have a few more questions now..

Telstra are asking ME to tell THEM what protocol and interface we will be
using,
chosen from the following:

Protocols
	1)	ITU-T (CCITT) Q933 Annex A
	2)	ANSI T1.617 Annex D		---- Telstra default
	3)	LMI (FRF Doc#001-208966)

Connection method
	a)	X.21bis/V35
	b)	X.21
	c)	G.704

Based on the sr(4) page I would tell them X.21 as the connection method, but
what do I
tell them about the protocol??

BTW, I am using the code from the 4.2 CDROM, do I need to catch up anything
w.r.t.
the bug comment?

I'm chasing up the WANic 405 card using the sr driver.

(reading on) very complying is good, I too like elements that match to
standards...

If you wish to chat, call us at the office as in the sig

mjt