Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:05:24 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcw@highperformance.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: make.conf confusing verbage

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 10:49:42PM -0700, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> From /etc/defaults/make.conf:
>
> #To build sys/modules when building the world (our old way of doing things
> #MODULES_WITH_WORLD=true # do not build modules when building kernel
>
> Does this cause us to "not build modules" as the second comment says?
>
> I desire to NOT build modules.

Setting MODULES_WITH_WORLD=true  will cause modules to be built when
doing a 'make buildworld' instead of when doing a 'make buildkernel'.

So both comments are correct. Modules will not be built when building a
kernel, but they will be built when building the world.

(The default behaviour nowadays is to build the modules at the same
time as building the kernel.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson