Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 13:09:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freebsd.org>
To:        Brant Katkansky <brantk@gatekeeper.atlas.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NEC 2Xc CD changer supported?

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Brant Katkansky wrote:

> I'm in the market for a CD changer, and have found a good deal on a
> NEC 2Xc 7 disk (SCSI-2) model.
>
> Has anyone used this under FreeBSD, particularily with an NCR PCI SCSI
> host adapter?

	yesterday i got the nakamichi "NRC MBR-7 110".  scsi-ii, 2x speed,
7 cdrom, model.  $139.50 including fedex ground shipping.  1 yr warranty.
applied the cd.c, scsiconf.c and ncr.c patches.  (the patches are small,
cd.c and ncr.c are both one-liners.) works like a champ.  i number of
developers and core team members have this drive, so you will be well
supported :)

	corporate systems center http://www.corpsys.com/ 408-734-disk
(expect to wait on the phone).   their part number is CD7.

	now i have online source 1.1, 2.0, 2.0.5, and 2.1.  shame 1.1.5.1
was never on cd ;(( i have the tarballs, etc, anyone want to burn a cd for
me?

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG