Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:55:59 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash Player "Square" Preview Release - a new hope

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:53 PM, Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i just sumbled upon this new flash player release by adobe:
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
>
> i might be making an idiot out of myself, because this might have been
> discussed beforehand, but oh well... ;)
>
> i went for the "32-bit Content Debugger Players Linux" version and after
> throwing it at nspluginwrapper everything works fine so far. i haven't
> experienced any segfaults (i'm sure anybody running flash 8-10 knows what I'm
> talking about ;)).
>
> anybody else tried it yet? i'm running chromium 5.0.375.127 btw (built with
> base gcc (4.2.x)).
>
> cheers.
> alex

Firefox 3.6.10 here (on 8-STABLE amd64 and 8.1-RELEASE-p1 i386).

I'm using the Linux version found under "32-bit Release Players". The
"32-bit Content Debugger Player" was wreaking serious havok :(

With the "Release" player, it's still dumping core randomly, although
much less often than usual. Very cool :)

So, what's really going on with the npviewer.bin dumps? Is FreeBSD
missing some magic from the linuxulator code, or is the Flash plugin
really just THAT crappy?

I don't recall that it was any better on Ubuntu to be honest...

Thanks for the link Alexander!

-Brandon