Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 1999 22:38:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: show stopper for EGCS import

As David O'Brien wrote ...
> > Yesterday I changed csu/i386-elf/ to build crtbegin.o and crtend.o from
> > the EGCS source rather than our home-grown ones.
> ..snip..
> > I've made the same fix to lib/csu as I did libgcc, but now am getting
> > the same weird "install" problem Poul-Henning was getting.
>
> Well FMH!  I found a typo I made in Makefile.inc1.  However, there is
> still a bootstrapping problem related to using the EGCS
> crtbegin.o/crtend.o.  So boys and girls, are are going to use the
> "sjlj-exceptions" type exception machanism for a while.
>
> THE SWITCH HAS BEEN PULLED!

FWIW, my Aspen Alpine AXP doing a buildworld on freshly (this afternoon)
supped -current:

===> etc/sendmail
rm -f freebsd.cf
(cd /usr/src/etc/sendmail &&  m4
-D_CF_DIR_=/usr/src/etc/sendmail/../../contrib/
sendmail/cf/ /usr/src/etc/sendmail/../../contrib/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4
freebsd.mc
) > freebsd.cf
chmod 444 freebsd.cf
    16293.67 real     12302.28 user      3910.24 sys

Buildworld seems to work fine on the alpha port. Congrats I'd say.

Groeten / Cheers,
Wilko