Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:13:21 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
Cc:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Parv <parv@pair.com>
Subject:   Re: portupgrade to Perl 5.10.0 ??

David Southwell writes:

>  > As a practical matter, is 5.10 really all that urgent?  (Bleeding-edge
>  > Linuxers don't count; FreeBSD is a production OS.)
>
>  That sounds a bit complacent to me. I hope others are not likely
>  to be so dismissive of the needs of others.

	And sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.
	I have ports installed that are Perl-based, or require Perl for
compilation; I am not a Perl programmer, much less a zealot; I did
not even know 5.10 was out.
	If there's a reason to have it - beyond having the latest
pretty thing - then let that case be made. (Allies gathered, the
cause advanced, ....)
	If there's a reason we don't have it yet, then let's hear about
that as well.

				Robert Huff