Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 10:33:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        mchase@waterw.com (Max Chase)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FoxPro on FreeBSD ??

Max Chase wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are running FreeBSD and wanted to know if the commercial db FoxPro =
> for Unix will run on BSD. I seem to remember that you could run it on =
> Linux. Anyway, for a number of reasons (all good) we installed FreeBSD =
> and are very happy.=20
Yes, FoxPro for Unix runs...  But at this point thats it.  There are two
problems associated with this.
1. You have to have the new ibcs2 package which I belive is only in current.
2. There are problems with the character set that FreeBSD uses.  It does
not have the lines and such needed to draw things like the menus.  Or maybe
we have a problem with the ansi setup...??

> Thanks
>
> Max Chase
> mchase@waterw.com

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team