Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:54:03 +0200
From:      Dean Strik <dean@stack.nl>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAE removal patch for testing

Mike Silbersack wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> > Your patch does appear to restore stability for me. (I would have to
> > run the systems for another week or two to be certain they are stable
> > now, but so far it looks very good.)
> That's good to hear.  From Mike's post a little while after yours, I get
> the impression that Luoqi's hot on the trail of whatever bug crept in, so
> hopefully all will be well in a short while.

I decided to wait with replying, but here goes. Three of our servers
crashed repeatedly (from 2x a day to 10x a day). This included a file
server so getting rid of it was essential. (I used an old kernel as a
workaround).
After applying the PAE backout patch, none of these systems has crashed.
It's only 36h ago that I applied it, but I'm sure it'll stay this way.

--
Dean C. Strik             Eindhoven University of Technology
dean@stack.nl  |  dean@ipnet6.org  |  http://www.ipnet6.org/