Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:32:03 -0500
From:      "Adam M Ryan" <adam@powersurge.net>
To:        "mpd" <mpd@rochester.rr.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: procmail and spamassissan

> Actually I used the test for procmail, and I dont see it creating a
IN-test.

Using a method explained in the procmail setup to test the procmail
configuration.  This test failed to create a separate mail file call
IN-test, specified by the rc.testing file under the Procmail dir.

> This is most likely the problem.  But after running the test for procmail,
> it still doesn't work.  Not even the log for procmail is created within
> Procmail.  Does this have something to do with not have a global procmail
> config file?
-------
I don't think so. Did you set your .forward file as specified in
the SA README? If not, then procmail won't even get called. This
is also in the procmail man page in the NOTES section.
-------

The information in the .forward is exact to what the README specified.
procmail is the problem.

> p5@riptide[~]# procmail DEFAULT=/dev/null VERBOSE=yes /dev/null </dev/null
> procmail: [87155] Mon Apr 22 20:24:07 2002
> procmail: Rcfile: "/dev/null"
> procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/home/p5"
> procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/dev/null"
> procmail: Opening "/dev/null"
>   Folder: /dev/null
>
> I ran this and it seems to be working correctly.

mike