Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:01:21 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp log file

At 02:58 PM 3/13/97 +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
>Yep, in practice, ppp doesn't use syslog() !  I've just commited
>a change to -current that traps SIGHUP with a "re-open the logfile"
>routine.  I don't yet know if it'll make 2.2-RELEASE.

IMHO, this is the wrong change - it doesn't look like it should be that
much work to convert ppp to use syslog, which would give us much more
practial logging, and simplify ppp at the same time (the log level stuff
could be taken care of by syslog).

If you (and everybody else) agree, I'll do it as soon as I've finished and
sent over the other patches.

Eivind Eklund perhaps@yes.no http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/ eivind@freebsd.org