Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:43:23 -0400
From:      "Eric Olsen" <ericg@chartertn.net>
To:        Denis DeLaRoca <delaroca@ucla.edu>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP access to releng4.frebsd.org ???

On 5 Jul 2002 at 5:05, Denis DeLaRoca wrote:

> I am trying to ftp into releng4.frebsd.org as described in the handbook
> but access by 'anonymous' appears disabled. Is that temporary or do we
> need to use an account to gain access?

It's been that way for many months, so I'd hesitate to call it
"temporary."  On the other hand, no one seems able or willing to offer
an explanation or hazard a guess as to when if ever it will be open to
anonymous access.  If indeed it's not "temporary" I wish someone would
update the handbook.

In the meantime, if you're looking for snapshots, try

ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org

Regards,
Eric

> -- Denis

****
The most beautiful and profound emotion we can experience is the
sensation
of the mystical.  It is the sower of all true science.  He to whom this

emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder, and stand rapt in
awe,
is as good as dead.
                                              -- A. Einstein