Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:11:50 -0500
From:      "Stephen L. Palmer" <elrond1@earthlink.net>
To:        "'questions@freefall.freebsd.org'" <questions@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   popclient error - "unrecognized command LAST"

Any help I can get with this is *much appreciated*!

I can connect with popclient (pop3) to earthlink.net succesfully.  I =
don't know which pop3 server they are using, but it works fine...

I try to connect to a friends pop3 server on which I've been given a =
gratis account, and popclient responds that the pop3 server does not =
recognize the "LAST" command.  evidently, none of my win3x/win95 pop3 =
clients use this command, because they all link up fine.

Is there a way to disable the use of this command, or another pop3 =
client that can run from a script like popclient?

I'm using=20
FBSD 2.1.5
popclient 2.something, and popclient 3.0bsomething

Thanks in advance!
Stephen L. Palmer
elrond1@earthlink.net