Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:02:29 -0600
From:      "Mark O'Lear" <Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU>
To:        Jan Isley <jan@bagend.atl.ga.us>
Cc:        S <spork@super-g.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh compile problems

Jan Isley wrote:

> S wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have success with this port?  I keep running into two problems; one
> > is that the checksum does not match no matter where I get the source from.
>
> I had the same experience and I believe that the checksum is incorrect.
>
> > The second is that when I compile it, I get the following errors,
> > apparently somehow relating to X-support even though I chose not to
> > compile in X support...
>
> > -DX_DISPLAY_MISSING ssh-askpass.c
>
> This is used to run ssh on an xterm.  You can either not compile it
> or install x or at least the x include files to get it to compile.

Try adding the following to the file /usr/ports/security/ssh/Makefile:

    find the line (maybe line 38)
      CONFIGURE_ARGS= --prefix=${PREFIX} --with-etcdir=${PREFIX}/etc

    and add (without the ' characters)
       ' --without-x'

This is probably not the preferred method, but it should work.
--
Mark O'Lear             \    e-mail: Mark.Olear@Colorado.EDU
University of Colorado   \   phone:  (303) 492-3798