Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:31:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for feedback on xl (3c905/3c905B) driver

What is the big deal with the new driver folks? I cvsup'd the other day,
made world and made a new kernel. The ethernet driver wasnt picking up my
card so i checked all my files remade the kernel and still no luck. I
bailed to a previous kernel jumped onto #freebsd for a quick question and
was immediately told about the new driver. In 5 minutes i was running with
the new driver. It didnt take but an extra 15 minutes to find the problem
and correct it.
I think there should have been a little more fanfare about the new driver
but it wasnt the end of the world :) Besides if we didnt have these little
hangups now and then what fun would system administration be? :)

-Don

ps: The slice problem was a lot more fun. The first kernel I made there
didnt work (my fault) and when i had to bail to the previous kernel the
slice info was wrong so i had to change it all back (fun when it doesnt
want to mount root rw) and then try again :)