Date:      30 May 1997 07:16:31 -0600
From:      Matt Meola <mmeola@lookout.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem?

Has anyone gotten FreeBSD working with a Motorola ModemSURFER PnP?

'dmesg | grep sio' tells me that the kernel found the modem on sio1;
tip tells me that /dev/cuaa1 is busy;
ppp tells me that it can't open the modem.

I've configured everything as the handbook suggests; any ideas?

Oh, I also searched the archives, and didn't get anything.  I know
this information is sparse, when I get home I can post the ppp.conf,
/etc/remote, etc... files, if they're needed.

--
Matt Meola        (mmeola@netmail.mnet.uswest.com)
Bailey, Colorado