Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 00:12:09 -0700
From:      bow <bow@bow.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Monitoring modem for dialing

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how
to monitor my modem to capture dialing.

Basically I have an extra cordless phone around the house, and I wanted
to know if it was possible to hook it into my modem and then have an
application monitor the modem for dialing, then do something depending
on what was dialed... To give an example, I'm running xmms to listen to
music. It'd be cool if I could just pick up the cordless phone, and press
the #1 key (on the phone) to jump to the next song, or the #2 key to pause.

I haven't a clue where to start! :)

Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!
-bow