Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:24:54 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache subdir httpd.conf example

Joe: I don't think it has anything to do with "hard code" of the httpd.conf.
It's a matter pointing the web browser to the URL:

For ~/dirname (a user's $home dir)
http://www.domain.com/~dirname/

BUT, for the above to work, you need a subdir with an index.html:
~/dirname/public_html/index.html
..and open up permissions in the subdir (use an .htaccess in the subdir to
set up)
Now try http://www.domain.com/~dirname/

For /dirname:
http://www.domain.com/dirname/
place a subdirectory:
/usr/local/www/data/dirname/index.html

At 06:46 PM 1.28.2002 -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
>Need a example of apache httpd.conf coding for subdirectory
>web page. /~dirname and /dirname. Can somebody help me.
>
>Thanks
>Joe

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;
....situation excellent! ....I shall attack!"