Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 12:20:25 +0800 (SGT)
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TIMEZONE and DST ....  making the kernel (was Re: 2.2-GAMMA.)

Doug,

thank you again for your help - do you ever sleep ?

>>(comparing signed
>
>Hm, I don't have a TIMEZONE or DST in param.c.  Are you sure you grabbed
>the right source?

i thought so : all the  ssys.* files from src directory of 2.1.7-RELEASE
but ......

>You may have sucked in ssys.inf too, or when you reconstituted the tar.gz,
>one of the archives was out of order.

you are correct, i had ssys.inf too !!!
i will go back and get everything except ssys.inf this time.

>Use this command:
>
>cat ssys.* | tar xzf -
>
>Cat will process them in the proper order.

cheers, i tried that first time and was told it wasn't a tar file so i
made one big  tarball first.

>> i customised the GENERIC config file and tried to make it....
>> still the DST and TIMEZONE errors occured and sure enough, looking in param.c
>> the DST and TIMEZONE variables do seem to be used before assigned values
>> but then again, i'm not a coder ......
>
>Have you tried just building GENERIC?

will do if it doesn't work without ssys.inf this time.

>> >IT's the ssys distribution, and just look over GENERIC for anything
>> >important.  All the opts are in LINT.
>>
>> did i perhaps make a boo boo in the config file ????
>
>Maybe.  Can I see it?

i won't trouble you with that - gonna go try without the ssys.inf file first.

thank you again for your great help

chas