Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2015 06:30:19 +0200
From:      Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Graphical Linux app on FreeBSD

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 Polytropon wrote:

> Try to run "truss <programname>" to get more details.
> Maybe this program needs Linux procfs? In that case,
> add the required line to /etc/fstab.

Thanks for the idea. Running truss, I could see that linprocfs was
indeed needed. After mounting that, I could successfully run the app.

> Note that if you've installed the program from the
> ports collection, those tasks should have been performed
> automatically. If that's some "3rd party stuff", you
> need to fulfill the requirements manually.

I apologize for not giving any details about the app itself in my
initial mail. I just didn't think it would be very helpful in this
case. It's not something from ports, it is a rather specific app which
is of interest only in my home country, and only during a week before
elections. It is an electronic voting app that allows me to
participate in elections from my home, using government-issued smart
card.

--
Toomas Aas