Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:25:51 GMT
From:      "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
To:        wc_fbsd@xxiii.com, cswiger@mac.com, dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: man pages in plain text - how to?

<snip>
=

>> the basic formating (indentation & whatnot) but NOT the bold and othe=
r =

>> special effects.  Just ascii text I can grep through.  I tried settin=
g =

 =

>> capabilities than that, IIRC.)
<snip>
	The easiest way to do it, I believe, is with  col .  (Just try 'man
col' to check all the options.)  I have used 'man  topic  |  col -b' to
see the man page for  topic  with all the egregious stuff removed, and
I just append to the pipeline '>topic.man' if I want to save it.