Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:58:07 -0000 (WET)
From:      "Rui Lopes" <rui@ruilopes.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   need help making regexxer port

Hi all,

I'm trying to make my first FreeBSD port, i've read Porter's
Handbook and some port Makefile's on port tree, but I have some questions.

When installing my port the binary file gets the name
"i386-portbld-freebsd5.0-regexxer" and not "regexxer"; this is the
output from make install,

/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/X11R6/bin
  install  -s -o root -g wheel -m 555 regexxer
/usr/X11R6/bin/i386-portbld-freebsd5.0-regexxer

(this does not happen when I run the configure script by hand.)

i've noticed configure script gives the following warning when
running from the port system,

===>  Configuring for regexxer-0.4
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5.0

after reading bsd.port.mk I added this into port Makefile,

CONFIGURE_TARGET=
(an empty variable)

and the port now build's fine but I have to ask, is this the right thing
to do?

After making the port I run portlint, but it outputs a odd error,

FATAL: COMMENT has to be there.

all ports i've tried have this same "problem", so "all" ports are wrong?
or portlint is broken?

You can see the port files here,

http://www.ruilopes.com/tmp/Makefile
http://www.ruilopes.com/tmp/pkg-plist
http://www.ruilopes.com/tmp/pkg-comment
http://www.ruilopes.com/tmp/pkg-descr
http://www.ruilopes.com/tmp/distinfo

I also have another question, How can I be sure pcre is installed/build
with --enable-utf8 option?

Thanks,
-- Rui Lopes