Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:04:05 -0400
From:      "Brandon Gale" <brandon@globaldiagnostics.com>
To:        "Philip Paeps" <philip+freebsd@paeps.cx>, <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: MS Exchange

Do you have a link to the homepage for OpenExchange?

> > I'm trying to provide an alternative to a potential client using Win2k
> > simply for the only reason that they require the functionality of an MS
> > Exchange server.
>
> Which functionality do they require?

The main functionality is centralized email access, centralized calendar
sharing and centralized address book sharing, all done through their
familiar Outlook interface.

I'm trying to convince the client that running a Win2k3 server is going to
be much more costly than running a FreeBSD server.  They agree in principal,
but the three capabilities listed above are the sticking point in the
decision, which leads to MS Exchange server and the ship is sunk.

I'm also considering pitching a fully web based groupware system, but
haven't found many options for that.  In the ports tree all I could find was
"phpGroupWare" which I'm not sure is still undergoing active development.

Thanks,
Brandon