Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:00:11 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Geom project, limited preview...

Ok, some of you have heard that the Geom project is now finally underway.

You can get a brief (and old) idea what it is here:

	http://www.freebsd.org/~phk/Geom

General access to the source will happen when the code is "ready to
do something" for the average machine, which said another way is
when BSD and MBR is working well enough to boot a random -current
machine, hopefully in less than a month.

In the meantime I'll provide early access to people who have a
qualified interest in this code.  (Send me email, leave your bikeshed
at home.)

I will present the architecture in Geom and answer questions about it
in a timeslot assigned for it at the kernel summit at BSDcon.

I'm interested in getting in touch with people who are interested in
writing modules for Geom or people who work new architectures and
have to contest strange disklabel formats -> get in touch with me.