Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:09:08 -0700
From:      "Atom Powers" <atom.powers@gmail.com>
To:        justin@pcmedicsite.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Repair

On 7/31/06, Justin <justin@pcmedicsite.com> wrote:

> My question is:  Is there a way to scan the RAID, and recover the NTFS
> partition?  I've Google'd, but only come up with half results claiming that
> a "dd" script can be written, reading 64K chunks off of each drive and
> rebuilding a complete image.  I also have a 250GB HDD on a separate
> controller that is currently blank where I can rebuild this image if needed.

In my opinion you are pretty much out of luck. Sure, it might be
possible to write a dd script that can put the chunks back togeather
onto a new volume. But the amount of work it would take almost always
exceeds the value of the data you are trying to recover.

Have you tried swapping the drive positions? 0->1, 1->0.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--