Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:22:16 -0400
From:      Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions drivers for VGA and NIC

--Sig_/7KHV._0JS.dkohwiz6PVm8L

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:24:33 -0400
Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com> wrote:

[snip]

>	nVidia, at least, is aware of the issue and has offered to
>write and maintain drivers ... provided certain capabilities are
>added to the kernel.  (See previous discussion in this mailing list.)
>	This has - obviously - not happened, and I do not know of work
>in progress.
>	I do agree that the first vendor to provide working drivers
>will make quite a few sales.  (Me among them.)

In all likelihood, the probability of any vendor creating FBSD
specific drivers is directly proportionate to the expenditure of funds
to create and maintain the driver versus the expected revenue from such
an expenditure.

Unfortunately, doing a quick search, I was not able to locate the
article(s) you referenced above. I would like to see exactly what
NVIDIA is requesting.

--=20
Jerry
gesbbb@yahoo.com

Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do.

	Bertrand Russell

--Sig_/7KHV._0JS.dkohwiz6PVm8L

--Sig_/7KHV._0JS.dkohwiz6PVm8L--