Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:04:38 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   So I tried a Firefox alpha in the Linuxolator... (unix domain socket patches)

...hoping that the out of process plugin code would help the java
plugin hangs, but I only got flash working, java still is broken. :(
(Java does seem to work in linux-opera so it can't be the Linuxolator's
fault alone...)

 I did have to do some patches first tho because Firefox now uses
SO_PASSCRED on unix domain SOCK_SEQPACKET sockets, the first patch is
here, I've added some notes at the top that I'll quote:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/linux-so_passcred.patch

--------snip------
 Looks like this part from dchagin's patch

	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2008-September/005273.html

didn't get applied, at least alpha versions of Linux Firefox 3.7 needs it

	http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

because of this code:

	http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/toolkit/crashreporter/google-breakpad/src/client/linux/crash_generation/crash_generation_server.cc#239

That Firefox also needs a small patch to allow setsockopt() with
SOCK_SEQPACKET, I've put that here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/afunix_seqpacket_sockopt.patch

..and if you aren't running head you also need to merge this commit first:

	http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base?view=revision&revision=197775

I'v put an 8-stable patch for that here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/afunix_seqpacket-8stable.patch

(But the java plugin still doesn't work, only flash...)

 Oh and ff also attempts to use /proc/self/fd which is not yet in stable
and the epoll_create syscall which I think isn't even in head yet, but
it seems to have fallback code for those so they are not as important.

 Cheers,
	Juergen