Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 00:26:52 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, valsho@yahoo.com, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@mt.sri.com
Subject:   Re: apm & current

In message <199902150450.UAA07920@dingo.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: I'm primarily concerned with I/O that may be pending when the timeout
: occurs.  I think that the suspend operation should spin waiting for
: I/O that's in progress to complete.

Yes.  I hadn't thought of that.  There are some wrinkles that we'll
have to deal with.  The APM 1.2 spec says we need to continue polling
once per second while we're doing a suspend or standby operation to
ensure that a critical suspend event doesn't come in.  If it does, we
have 5 seconds to acknowledge it (which will cause an immediate
suspend if I read correctly).

Warner