Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2004 21:00:32 +0200
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
Cc:        eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 Beta2 - OO does not compile

Andy Fawcett wrote:

> I have 5.3-BETA2, built without libc_r to ensure I don't get threading
> library conflicts (NOLIBC_R defined). I've made sure that the libc_r.*
> files are not present on the system.
>
> When building OOo-1.1, the first failure is in gcc32 in the gcc-java
> stuff. It tries to link against libc_r, and I needed to define
> WITHOUT_LIBJAVA=yes to avoid this.

I've no problem with compiling openoffice @5.3-BETA2... my make.conf
says..

[...]
.elif ${_MY_PORTNAME} == "openoffice-1.1"
WITHOUT_MOZILLA=		yo
WITHOUT_JAVA=			yo
#WITH_CCACHE=			yo
.elif ${_MY_PORTNAME} == "popt"
[...]

So maybe try defining WITHOUT_MOZILLA and WITHOUT_JAVA - but it should
work w/o defining them- at least with java. And mozilla of course by
overriding the vuln. warnings...

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/