Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2001 23:41:23 +0900
From:      Kazuo Horikawa <horikawa@psinet.com>
To:        otterr@telocity.com
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, man-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: foreign man pages required for building docs?

Hi Otter,

I think you need execute "make all" before "make install".
I am sorry about this, but this seems to be current behavior(?) of
bsd.prog.mk, which doc/ja_JP.eucJP/man/man[1-9]/Makefile uses.

I guess the directory /usr/share/man/ja/man1 itself exists on your
system, accoding to recent /etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist.

I hope this info helps you.

Thanks,
--
Kazuo Horikawa