Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:03:52 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        "'FreeBSD-Questions Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Suppressing permissions reset

When doing a "make buildkernel" and "make installkernel" on FreeBSD
4.11-RELEASE (on a Vmware box), I noticed the Makefile in /usr/src/etc,
for one, tries to reset permissions on files taken from a series of *.dist
files. I find such initiative a bit too forward for my taste. Is there a
way I can suppress said behavior? Like a Makefile parameter or something.
And would zero-ing out the *.dist files do the trick?

Thanks,

- Mark