Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:09:36 +0300
From:      Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dimma@higis.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   New sysinstall in 6.1-PRE. make own release

Hi, all

I need building my own install server and want install my custom
world, custom kernel and other in non-interactive mode.
With 6.1-beta3 it work in mass (I not try install my kernel).
With 6.1-beta4 and more fresh I can't get non-interactive
installation.

1. I can't find how to select timezone non-interactive.
2. I can't good variant for installing my own kernel (now I use
command=/dist/my.custom.installer
system

/dist/my.custom.installer -- simple script:
----------------
#!/bin/sh

cd /dist/kernels
./install.sh OILSPACE1
rm -rf /boot/kernel
ln -s /boot/OILSPACE1 /boot/kernel
----------------
but it's hack.

Also I have question about making my own release.

I can't understand, how to create my own loader.conf for pxeboot.
Default not work -- machine panic with "no init" diagnose. Reason --
need string in loader.conf:
vfs.root.mountfrom="ufs:/dev/md0c"
(I need some another strings for my own loader.conf)

For creating release I use command:
make release BUILDNAME=6.1-PRERELEASE CHROOTDIR=/usr/release \
CVSROOT=/home/ncvs EXTSRCDIR=/usr/src KERNELS=OILSPACE1 \
LOCAL_PATCHES=/usr/src_local_patches NO_FLOPPIES=yes NO_ISOS=yes \
NODOC=yes NOPORTS=yes RELEASETAG=RELENG_6 KERNELS_BASE="OILSPACE1 \
GENERIC"

My local patches -- only new unionfs currently.
install.cfg I put in /usr/src/release directory.

Can anybody help me with auto-select timezone, right way for
installing kernel and place in source tree for PXE loader.conf?

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia