Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:00:20 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>,  freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [rfc] removing the NDISulator

Hi all,

I'd like to remove the NDISulator. I've had many requests to update it to
the latest NDIS version and support more of the 64 bit wifi drivers. But,
to be perfectly honest, I have no desire to keep hacking at this. The world
has changed quite a bit - we can port/reimplement drivers from Linux and
other BSDs.

So I plan on deorbiting it - I'll mark it deprecated during 11-HEAD and
target to have it removed by 11.0-RELEASE.

I'd rather see more of an effort writing new drivers and porting drivers
from other operating systems.

Thanks,

-adrian